- Covid surge threatens ‘Charming Chiang Mai’ campaignon October 21, 2021 at 12:01 pm
CHIANG MAI: A jump in the number of Covid-19 cases has set alarm bells ringing ahead of a plan to reopen the northern province for fully vaccinated foreign tourists.
- Court denies Thanathorn bail request for studenton October 21, 2021 at 11:36 am
A court has dismissed a bail request by Thanathorn Juangroongruangkit for the temporary release of Benja Apan, a Thammasat third-year student charged with royal insult.
- Hong Kong burglar climbs 17 storeys to steal B1.9mon October 21, 2021 at 11:31 am
HONG KONG: A burglar who climbed up the drainpipe of a 20-storey Hong Kong building stole HK$450,000 (1.9 million baht) in cash and valuables from the home of a senior executive at an American investment bank before shimmying back down the way he came, a police source said on Thursday.
- Pfizer, BioNTech report high efficacy of Covid-19 booster shot in studyon October 21, 2021 at 11:18 am
BERLIN: Pfizer Inc and German partner BioNTech SE on Thursday said data from a Phase III trial demonstrated high efficacy of a booster dose of their Covid-19 vaccine against the virus, including the Delta variant.
- Disgraced former monk returns to Thailand, warmly receivedon October 21, 2021 at 10:48 am
NAKHON SI THAMMARAT: Disgraced, expelled from the monkhood for sexual misconduct and forced to flee overseas, the former Phra Yantra Ammaro Bhikku recently returned to his hometown in Pak Phanang district to celebrate his 70th birthday.
- Indonesia tightens air travel curbson October 21, 2021 at 10:17 am
Indonesia is tightening air travel measures to ensure an anticipated jump in the number of passengers ahead of year-end holidays won’t lead to a resurgence in coronavirus infections.
- US bans Malaysian firm’s gloves over forced labouron October 21, 2021 at 8:30 am
The United States has barred imports from a Malaysian latex glove maker over alleged labour abuses, the latest firm from the country to face such a ban.
- Wanted drug network money launderer caughton October 21, 2021 at 8:01 am
Police have arrested an alleged money launderer for a major drug network run by the notorious “Nu Chen” and impounded assets worth 70 million baht, at his house in central Bangkok.
- 9,727 new Covid cases, 73 deathson October 21, 2021 at 7:30 am
Thailand logged 9,727 new Covid-19 cases and 73 new fatalities during the previous 24 hours, the Public Health Ministry announced on Thursday morning.
- Bank of Thailand eases mortgage rules to support property sectoron October 21, 2021 at 7:29 am
The Bank of Thailand has further eased rules on mortgages to boost a key property sector struggling from the impacts of the pandemic, officials said on Thursday, sending property shares higher.