- Indonesia extends Covid-19 movement curbs until Aug 2on July 25, 2021 at 12:26 pm
JAKARTA: Indonesian President Joko Widodo said on Sunday that Covid-19 restrictions would be extended from July 26 to Aug 2, though he said infections and hospital bed occupancy rates in some provinces in Java had declined.
- Family, fans to greet taekwondo gold medallist in Phuket Mondayon July 25, 2021 at 11:12 am
SURAT THANI: The family of taekwondo heroine Panipak Wongpattanakit will greet the Olympic gold medalist in Phuket on Monday when she returns home from Tokyo with the rest of the team.
- Macron pressured to apologise for nuclear tests in French Polynesiaon July 25, 2021 at 10:45 am
PAPEETE: French President Emmanuel Macron faced pressure to apologise for the devastating impact of decades of nuclear testing as he kicked off his first official trip to French Polynesia.
- Typhoon In-Fa drenches eastern Chinaon July 25, 2021 at 10:45 am
NINGBO, China: Typhoon In-Fa uprooted trees and drenched communities in knee-deep water in parts of eastern China, but there were no reports of major damage as it made landfall on Sunday.
- Monsoon rains flood Philippines as thousands evacuatedon July 25, 2021 at 10:22 am
Philippine authorities evacuated thousands of people to safety as heavy rains and flooding caused by the southwest monsoon killed at least one person.
- Indonesian badminton ace playing for Covid-victim brotheron July 25, 2021 at 10:18 am
An Asian champion badminton player is gunning for glory at the coronavirus-delayed Tokyo Olympics in memory of his brother who died of the disease.
- India monsoon death toll climbs to 127, dozens still missingon July 25, 2021 at 9:45 am
MUMBAI: The death toll from flooding and landslides triggered by heavy monsoon rains in India climbed to 127 Sunday, officials said, with rescuers searching for dozens more missing.
- China scientists discover giant viruses in the deepest place on Earthon July 25, 2021 at 9:16 am
The first known batch of viruses retrieved from the deepest point in the Mariana Trench includes giant species bigger than some bacterium, according to a research team in Shanghai.
- 379 new infections at Kanchanaburi prisonon July 25, 2021 at 8:12 am
KANCHANABURI: A field hospital will be set up at the provincial prison in this western border province after 379 inmates were found infected with Covid-19 in active case-finding, governor Jirakiat Bhumisawasdi said on Sunday.
- Covid’s life tollon July 25, 2021 at 7:10 am
Covid-19 has killed thousands of Thais and infected half a million, but the pandemic has also brought immense economic hardship and both physical and emotional suffering across all walks of life – nowhere more than in Bangkok. — Jetjaras Na Ranong