- Stricken Russian plane finally removed from Phuket taxiwayon February 5, 2023 at 7:41 am
PHUKET: A Russian plane was finally removed from a taxiway at Phuket airport after it broke down during a takeoff attempt, forcing the cancellation of all flights from Saturday evening until early Sunday morning.
- Piercings and prayer: Malaysian Hindus celebrate Thaipusamon February 5, 2023 at 6:36 am
Ethnic Indian Malaysians massed in Hindu temples across the country Sunday to celebrate the annual Thaipusam festival, months after the relaxation of Covid-19 restrictions that had barred large crowds.
- US downing of Chinese spy balloon ends chapter in diplomatic crisison February 5, 2023 at 6:09 am
WASHINGTON: The United States shot down a Chinese spy balloon Saturday that had spent the past week traversing the country, an explosive end to a drama that put a diplomatic crisis between the world’s two great powers onto television screens in real time.
- Couple arrested for robbing petrol stations across Northeaston February 5, 2023 at 5:20 am
Crime Suppression Division (CSD) police on Sunday morning raided two spots in the northeastern province of Roi-et and arrested a man and his common-law wife for thefts at petrol stations in 14 northeastern provinces.
- Speedboat catches fire, sinks off Samui, no-one hurton February 5, 2023 at 4:03 am
SURAT THANI: A speedboat moored off a boat pier on Ko Samui island caught fire and sank late on Saturday night. Nobody was hurt.
- Paetongtarn, Pheu Thai lead opinion poll in Koraton February 5, 2023 at 3:20 am
Paetongtarn “Ung-Ing” Shinawatra of the Pheu Thai Party is the most popular candidate for the post of prime minister in Nakhon Ratchasima, according to the result of a survey by the National Institute of Development Administration, or Nida Poll.
- Operators ask govt for Samui cruise terminalon February 5, 2023 at 2:09 am
Surat Thani: The government is being urged to speed up the development of infrastructure for cruises with almost 100 cruise ships scheduled to visit Koh Samui during 2023-2025.
- What are spy balloons and why are they still being used?on February 5, 2023 at 1:59 am
U.S. officials say that a Chinese “surveillance balloon” has been flying over the United States for several days. Using high-altitude balloons for spying and other military missions is a practice that dates to World War Two. Alice Rizzo explains how they operate and what they can be used for. – REUTERS
- Samut Prakan police arrest ex-lawyer for romance scamon February 5, 2023 at 1:02 am
An ex-lawyer has been arrested in Samut Prakan for allegedly swindling victims in a romance scam via a dating app, police said on Saturday.
- Deadline nears for ‘little ghosts’on February 5, 2023 at 12:07 am
The Ministry of Labour on Saturday urged undocumented Thai workers, or “little ghosts”, in South Korea to report to Korean immigration authorities before a Feb 28 deadline so they can have an opportunity to return to the country and work legally under a special programme.