- Agencies address impact of low-end imports on SMEson February 22, 2024 at 12:06 am
The Commerce Ministry has delegated the Trade Negotiations Department and the government’s “Team Thailand”, whose primary responsibility is to support efforts to promote economic growth, to gather in-depth data and examine specific products under the Asean-China Free Trade Agreement (ACFTA) affected by the influx of low-priced Chinese goods.
- FTI warns of business woes ahead of minimum wage hikeon February 21, 2024 at 11:24 pm
The Federation of Thai Industries (FTI) says businesses will suffer from a surge in operating costs if the government pushes ahead with its plan to raise the daily minimum wage to 400 baht this year.
- Nualphan’s election gets official nodon February 21, 2024 at 11:15 pm
The Sports Authority of Thailand (SAT) has officially ratified former national men’s team manager Nualphan Lamsam’s election as the new Football Association of Thailand (FAT) president.
- Many cops in serious debton February 21, 2024 at 11:07 pm
Many police have fallen into debt totalling some 300 billion baht and most are on the verge of bankruptcy, said national police chief Pol Gen Torsak Sukvimol.
- Europeans drive up room rates in the Southon February 21, 2024 at 11:02 pm
Longer stays from European guests helped drive room revenue in the first quarter in southern provinces, as room rates set a new record despite a small number of Chinese tourists.
- CAAT urges airlines to increase flightson February 21, 2024 at 10:54 pm
The Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand (CAAT) is in discussion with all six airlines in Thailand to increase the number of flights during holidays and lower the flight price ceiling in a bid to address excessive fares.
- Novel packages to drive investmenton February 21, 2024 at 10:54 pm
The new electric vehicle (EV) incentive packages will play a vital role in increasing investment in the automotive industry and related businesses, says the Federation of Thai Industries (FTI).
- House moves to revoke NCPO orderson February 21, 2024 at 10:46 pm
The House of Representatives on Wednesday agreed in principle with three bills that aim to abolish orders issued by the now-defunct National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO).
- INETREIT set to hike capital by B3.2bnon February 21, 2024 at 10:43 pm
INET Leasehold Real Estate Investment Trust (INETREIT) is planning its first capital increase of up to 3.2 billion baht for an additional investment in the rights of the INET-IDC3 phase 2, which is operated by local information and communication technology infrastructure provider Internet Thailand (INET).
- Forest buffer zone ‘won’t be touched’on February 21, 2024 at 10:38 pm
Agriculture and Cooperatives Minister Capt Thamanat Prompow has pledged to preserve and not touch the forest buffer zones within national parks across the country, to reduce the problem of disputed lands between two state agencies and an ongoing row.